European Forest Week 2015
European Forest Week, held in Switzerland from 2–6 November 2015, aims to bring together stakeholders from all sectors to increase the visibility of the forest sector, and make an impact on pan-European and global discussions related to forests.
We asked the publishing team here to submit a photograph of their favourite woodland walks and forest forays in Hertfordshire or the UK, to highlight the importance of sustainable forest management, and why it is important for our health and wellbeing to have places like this available to us.
- Forests are a source of life and help maintain biodiversity
- Forests provide us with fresh air and clean water
- Forests help mitigate climate change
- Forests provide construction material and energy
- Forests feed us
- Forests give us livelihoods
- Forests offer a space for recreation and relaxation